inspired by random and some not-so-random events and people in my life

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

What's in a Name

You flatter me,
You do.
You called me bitch,
Didn't you?
Well, I'm in good company,
I can tell.
Gurl, ain't you bitchin' too?
LOL, you're one as well!
So what's next,
Pray tell?
Bitch slap fest?
That would be like
So bitchin'!!
But it won't be necessary
To play that lame blame game.
I like the name,
The moniker,
The epithet;
You should too.
Embrace your inner bitch, gurl
Power reclaimed.

I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a child, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
I'm your hell, I'm your dream
I'm nothing in between
You know you wouldn't want it any other way
So take me as I am
- from "Bitch" by Meredith Brooks

4 Comments:

Blogger Clairin T said...

hur hur. how painful it must have felt ey?

2:55 PM

 
Blogger blobbes said...

actually I got over it real fast. strangely enough it felt like a compliment... lol

9:05 PM

 
Blogger k said...

everyone is a bitch sometimes, had to be, otherwise it's so boring, nothing to bitch about, can die. our coffee sessions will just be, erm, drinking coffee. :)

11:14 PM

 
Blogger blobbes said...

shhh, no need to tell everyone what we do whilst drinking coffee... anyway, I grew up in an all girls' school and worked for years in professional theatre. I'm still aspiring to be as good a bitch as some of those I've met in my lifetime!

12:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home